Currently we only offer this service for our Mountain View Area cabin rental guests. The Little Red River and Norfork River have Outfitters we will point you to in our Locals’ Guides (delivered to all confirmed guests).
From pre-recorded history to today, it is the creeks and rivers that drew people to our Hills. For many of us, it is what has kept us here. These waterways were the first superhighways through the rough Ozark terrain.
So you want to float? SO DO WE. About half of us on staff are what you’d call hardcore paddlers. Shooting rapids and falls? No. That does not exist here. However, we do have lots of quality water flowing through our area. And we love to go with the flow. Now, we’re offering it to you.
>> This is not lake floating. There is only one way to go: downstream <<
For a flat $40 non refundable fee, you can reserve your choice of boats for any time during your stay. You are not committed to full purchase price of the rentals until day of arrival. Read on.
This is what you get for that $40:
- We hold boats for you out of our small livery.
- One of our local experts will contact you prior to discuss your floating desires, skills, and most importantly…what the weather has determined are your choices – if any.
- Access to a password protected page on our website which details all the floatable waterways we service, legal put ins and take outs, estimated times, how to assess river levels, explanations of the difference between creek and river floating, and a fun map we made – orientating you to our cabins and waterways. Possible BYO boats ~ plan your own adventures with this resource.
There is another outfitter available in the area; they may be more suitable for your needs. But here’s what we offer that they do not:
- You will not share a van or bus with strangers.
- You decide (with guidance of the local expert) where and when you go and for how long.
- You can float a Creek or River – or why not both?!
- We do not require boats to be returned at 5pm. You can even spend the night on a river island if desired. Fish until dark!
Essentially, we’re offering to you what our water hearts desire. You’ll get our personal attention to tailor and experience what you are seeking. A dream long in the making for us.
Confirmed and paid by day of arrival – per 24 hour period:
- $70 – per 1 person sit IN Kayak
- $95 – per 2 person “Buffalo River Canoe” (preferable as a so called “mule” to haul coolers and chairs)
- $65 – per 2 person sit ON kayak (great for a capable adult and a kiddo. Only available for “The Creek Intro Float”)
- $65 – Stand up Paddle Board
*All paddles and vests included.
Shuttle Rates start at $65. We can drive one of your vehicles to the agreed take out spot, so all you have to do is hop in your other car and drive to the put-in spot – on your own time! A few of our properties along the White River have take out spots within walking distance to your rental.
The Creek Intro Float: Beginner accessible. Offers a historic swinging bridge, some fun swimming, bluffs, and sometimes rope swings! Additional access fee of $7 per person will need to be paid in cash at the private launch spot. 1-3 hours depending on your hang out times.
The River Intro Float: Beginner accessible. Pure White River, easy sailing for 3-5 hours depending on your hangout times. Cold, wide open water + generally some eagles along the way!
We do not service the Upper or Middle S. Sylamore Creek. Monies and waivers are processed through Ivy Vacations, LLC.